Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Rustic Glamour/part deux


There is something so charming about a rustic dining room, don't you think? They key is to create the right balance of elements...some designs border on the more modern side and others somewhat traditional, either way the right touch can lead to a pleasing and cozy environment...

(Amanda Peet's Home via Domino, Dec./Jan. '08)

One of my favorite homes as of late, this small dining room is packed with charm...

Very elegant, yet the architecture and small decor touches (like the way the tables drapes) offers a country rustic feel...

(via Country Living, Feb. '08)

Love this combo of the dining table and chandelier...

(via House Beautiful, Sept. '07)

A modern twist, this design with the washed wood and deep red tones feels so romantic...

(via Maisons Cote Sud, Dec./Jan. '08)

Probably just a typical day of dining in France I suppose, must be nice...

(via Western Interiors, Oct./Nov. '07)

A bit more rustic then I tend to like, but still I love the touch of lighting...

18 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

i love rustic homes....it makes you feel like you are in the italian or french countryside:) thanks for the beautiful post.

girl meets glamour said...

I couldn't agree more Jo!!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

I love all of these rooms Kate. Nice post : )

cassandra said...

honey, you are KILLIN' me with this set of images! just my style... gorgeous, simple, rustic glamour. thank you for a serious dose of inspiration!!!

Vie Chaotique said...

love the juxtaposition of the rough and glitz.

girl meets glamour said...

So glad I could inspire C + K!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Me too "vie chaotique", thanks for the comment!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks Robyn, your blog helped inspire this...

cotedetexas said...

I adore that first dining room so much!!! And i have that magazine where the utensils are hanging from the light fixture, funny!! Beautiful pixS!

Michelle said...

These are so great, that last photo, that bench... it could have been in a Roman bath house, dude!

girl meets glamour said...

I love that room too...and the utensil light fixture is great, but I'd be fearful of gettin forked during dinner :)

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

You are so right with that "roman bath" Michelle!!

Style Court said...

Love Peet's room!

diana murphy said...

Great shots. I love that table that goes on for like ever. (Where's part un? I'd enjoy seeing more...)

girl meets glamour said...

I know, me too Courtney! Her whole house for the matter!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Oops, should have linked up part un to this post, thanks for the reminder!!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

I love the rustic style mixed with a bit of glamour! Thanks for sharing!

TIG said...

Kate, this is such a beautiful post--I've been in a completely rustic phase lately and you've chosen some of the loveliest rooms.