Friday, July 27, 2007

Hide and Seek

Apparently I'm not any good and this game, cause I've been found...and tagged (Thank you Leah and Katie)! I'm willing to accept my punishment, and reveal a few tid bits about myself to you, so here we go:

1. There is absolutely no consistency in the music I listen to...everything from Billie Holiday to the Clash. You would have a laugh looking at my IPod play lists :)



2. I've been fortunate enough, due to my father line of work, to have lived and traveled all over the world...many places people can't find on the map! My most memorable experience was when we lived in Bandung, Indonesia for 9 months!

(My favorite hotel in Bandung, can't remember name now)

3. My husband used to play in a band years ago, and I had the biggest crush on him as a teenager. So much, that I would lie to my parents to get out of my house and see him play in the city (SF)...he didn't know me of course at the time, but years later we meet and the rest was history....


4. I secretly with I were British...it must be because of the accent, oh and their vocabulary is brilliant! I believe a Brit can say just about anything, like "I just took out the trash and washed the dishes", and it would come across as the most profound statement! *If you interested check out the English to American dictionary here.*


5. I'm trying to cut sugar out of my life (I know I'm crazy)...I just think there's too much sugar in everything these days and that it's probably the right thing to do. BUT, this transition is not easy and sometimes I can be a real "you know what", cause I love ice cream :)


6. I think I know every word and scene in Ferris Bueller's Day Off...it's true! So much that I could probably watch the movie blind-folded, with ear plugs in, and tell you everything that's happening based on instinct!


7. I found an old journal of mine, after I graduated college, from when I was 12-14. And in it, I found pages where I had doodled designs of various furniture pieces and lighting...some even had pages of what my dream bedroom would look like! So, I'm figuring this career path of mine must be destiny :)


(Image via bazensk flickr)

8. I don't camp...people ask me all the time and I just can't muster up the courage to do so. I just don't get it...I love nature, but the idea of sleeping with it, just doesn't appeal to me now. My idea of camping, is sleeping on a air mattress in our living room, until this remodel is over!!! AND, that is camping enough for me.


(Image via Tollpol flickr)
So that's a bit about me :) Have a good weekend!!!

16 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I agree with you about the camping- been there, done that, not doing it again!

annechovie said...

Kate, This was so funny and entertaining! I especially smiled to myself when reading the "camping" bit. I am SO with you on this! Love the outdoors, but not my idea of fun to sleep outside vulnerable to unpredictable animals (be they so small as a mosquito) and deprive myself of a hot shower and climate control. That is my idea of suffering, not fun!

Anonymous said...

what band was your husband in? anything we'd know?

girl meets glamour said...

I doubt you would know the band...nothing famous or anything! Just a fun band to watch back then :)

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for the comments!! Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way about camping :)

robyn said...

I enjoyed reading about you, glad you were tagged!

Leah said...

Wait -- your husband was in Green Day? What band is that? Do tell -- I grew up on the Bay Area indie music scene, too, and bet I'd know them!

Thanks for sharing!

;-)

Leah

blushing apples said...

never been camping or will i ever? i hate finding my old journals for me their just embarrasing... I dont think i ever been out usa, mexico doesnt really count. I did not know you were married, how nice to have marry the person you had a crush on. I wondered if you ever told him.

katiedid said...

Yeah the camping thing..I'm over it. After the bear encounter and the owl/teridactyl tearing apart it's prey right outside our tent at 2:00 AM...the resort over the hill is where the rest of that vacation was spent!
The world travel in those beautiful hotels...now that's a bit more like it!

cassandra said...

So fun to learn about people! I think we might have been separated at birth... it is weird that when I mutter to myself it's in a British accent? Hate camping too... but apparently I'm not the only one! Worshiped Ferris Bueller, and my ipod list is crazy ridiculous. Thanks for sharing :)

cassandra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
girl meets glamour said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
girl meets glamour said...

Hi Leah!! Well, that's a pic of our friend Mike playing with Green Day last summer on their world tour. But, my man was in a few smaller bands and the one I used to go see was called Conviction...real small on the scene. But you were right on it with the Green Day pic thing! Thanks!!

Thanks for the comments Blushing Apples, Robyn, Katiedid, and Coco + Kelley...glad to learn about you and to hear about things we have in common, esp. C + K...I think we were seperated at birth!

Unknown said...

You are too funny and what a sense of humour you have. Great getting
to know you a little better. I totally agree about sleeping outdoors...too scary. But maybe to have a bedroom with a wonderful huge skylight that opens to reveal the starry sky and sleeping under a down duvet, that would be my kind of outdoor camping adventure. I would love to live for a sojurn in Indonesia.
Patricia

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks so much Patricia! I like your thinking with the skylight :)

Joanna Goddard said...

yes, i hate camping too, so glad i have some soulmates out there! :)