Okay, maybe I don't drive my car on alternative fuel or grow my own organic vegetables in my backyard (It's in my nature to kill plants, I think it's genetic)...but, I think in general it just matters that on a daily basis I'm planet conscious in some way or another big or small.
2. Reuse...okay I promise the next ones will be creative. But, I consider buying refurbished furniture pieces an act of "reusing", am I right?!?!
I put some of these in my spare bedrooms...Concept II by Minka Aire
5. Turn off the lights!! You know they say things look better in the dark. Well, it's true. But, if I need light to see so I don't stub my toe on something, then I use compact fluorescent bulbs in all my fixtures. Ikea has these great ones that are shaped like an A lamp bulb, check them out...
Energy-saving bulb E26 from Ikea
6. What's in your wash? Well, like Sarah, I too use planet friendly soaps, cleaners, detergents, etc. I usually get mine from Trader Joes, but there are plently of products on the market, like Method sold at Target.
8. Do the dishes for god's sake! As much as I would like to sometimes with our house in such a disarray and that dishwasher built the year that they were invented, I use our dinnerware and not paper plates or paper cups. At work we do the same.
9. Carpool. Okay, I don't carpool to work, but I carpool to drinks and dinner. Yup, it's the best way to go. Meet up and drive together, you kill to birds with one stone and have an automatic DD. Either that or cab it, I figure they're driving around wasting fuel either way, why not be in the car with them.
10. Tote your own. I bring my trusty Trader Joes bags everytime I go to the market, and even if I'm not at Trader Joe's but at another grocery store, I still bring them (tucked away in my cute hobo bag).