Tuesday, January 15, 2008

For the birds...

(Image via Desire to Inspire blog)

I'm not a big bird person, or really any size bird person for that matter...but I do love their homes!! The image above caught my eye last week, what a lovely lil home for some birds, but better yet a great way to accessorize your home...

Chinese 19th Century Birdcage from Belvedere Antiques


Birdcage from Inside Avenue


Wrought Iron Birdcage from Architectural Artifacts, Inc.



Decorative Birdcage from Georgica Creek


++ I just love the image above from Peak of Chic blog where a birdcage is used as a display case, to see her post on birdcages, click here... ++

8 comments:

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Few things are more glorious than red-lacquered birdcages. Masses of them. Dusting them is another issue entirely.

Alkemie said...

I Love bird cages! I think they give some character. Great collection here. I also love the deep blue wallpaper in the first room. Stunning.

M&Co said...

Lovelt bird houses! I grew up with an African grey, but I'm a dog person not a bird person so I would use it for a decorative purpose :-)

melissa @ the inspired room said...

These are stunning! I love that one in the last photo. I happen to have that brown one, but mine is black.

Great post!

Melissa

Goddess Findings said...

Whenever I see bird cages I am reminded of my favorite quote:

Marriage is like a bird cage: those who are outside want to get in; those who are inside want to get out.

I can't remember the author,...but I've often thought a bird cage would be a great wedding gift!! LOL
Janice

Bhavna said...

The first and the third bid cages are so beautiful! The antique ones are specially nice to be used as home decor.

{this is glamorous} said...

The top image is beautiful and I love the idea of using a birdcage for storage or shelving.

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for all your comments, so glad you like these images!! Have a great weekend!

~Kate