Thursday, November 29, 2007

In case you're wondering...


I'm sick...yup. I promise not to give it to you over the computer. I either got it shopping or from the many people around me that are also sick. But, don't tell my mom, okay! Even though I'm an adult, I still fear telling my mother when I'm sick...first she'll say: "I can't believe you're sick, I thought I told you to keep your hands clean and use that hand sanitizer I gave you..."

That I can handle, but then she starts in about what I need to do about it, which includes her famous cold remedy..."why don't you gargle with hot salt water...you know that will do the trick." Will it mom?!? It's sweet, but I think me being sick stresses her out, when it should be stressing me out. But, I'll let on like I've done the whole salt water thing...have you ever tried that, it's the worst! Well, I hope to be up and running (more like shuffling) maybe by tomorrow or Sat.... Do me a favor, don't get sick! Stay in, do some online shopping and avoid people, okay!

15 comments:

Heather said...

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, gonna have to side with your mother - the salt thing does work - the taste, well, just pretend that you drining a margharita!!

momma j lee ♥ said...

feel better!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks!!! I'll try :)

~Kate

Pink Wallpaper said...

i am totally sick as well...i'd pass you a kleenex if you were near me!

The Peak of Chic said...

Awww :(
Feel better soon! Being sick is the worst.

TIG said...

Feel better, soon, Kate--I'll do some online shopping in your honor :)

ALL THE BEST said...

Poor you!! I hope you feel better really soon!!! Get lots of rest Kate!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks guys!!!

~Kate

Things That Inspire said...

Wow - that is quite an arsenal of cold remedies! I hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Take care, get well soon and don't be too hard on your Mom....that's what Moms do best...love you even when you are sick.

girl meets glamour said...

I know, I'm ready for battle!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks Patricia...I know, my mom just looking out for me...but I could never get used to her cold remedies :)

~Kate

- Susan - said...

My Mum is the same.
First she would say: Don't let yourself go! It can't be that bad.
Second she would blame me for being sick: See, I told you, wear a scarf etc.
Third: she would come up with her medicine (she was a pharmacist)

I hope you are better.
Greetings from Beijing
Suzie

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks suzie! Sound's like our mom's would probably get along :)

~Kate