Thursday, September 6, 2007

Don't fear the paisley...

really, there is no reason to these days. Once there was a time when even the mention of the word paisley and body would stiffen and I'd have bouts of shortness of breath (I'm over dramatic today just so you know).

Loving this cottage feel, Victoria Hagan's weekend home featured in Elle Decor/Sept. '07

...but now, paisleys are back and better then ever!!! If you don't believe me then check out this selection of hip interiors with paisley prints :) Wouldn't you agree?!?!

A fun vintage paisley print used by Madeline Stuart in Lisa Henson's home, featured in Elle Decor/Jan./Feb. '07

What a sweet little girls room, another design by Stuart in Henson's home

I just have a thing for this Alessandra Branca design from the Hampton's Showhouse back in '05 featured in House and Garden magazine.


A bit of a masculine twist on the print and it works quite well in the bedroom of Christopher Spitzmiller, featured in Elle Decor/Dec. '06

If it's hard to fully commit to upholstery or wallcovering, maybe try a blanket like in Windsor Smith's home featured in Domino/Aug. '07

23 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

I agree that these paisley patterns are looking fresh. Great post. I want to redecorate!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks so much Brillain Asylum. You have great taste...so when you do redecorate you must show pics :)

~Kate

Unknown said...

These are all great rooms. I think the large and bold scale of these paislies is what has given paisley a new and fresh reincarnation. Good research in pulling all these images together into one cohesive post!

girl meets glamour said...

I think you are right Patricia, the same with damask prints...larger the scale the better. Thanks so much for the comment :)

~Kate

blushing apples said...

i really like this piece. I never came to favore paisley, my grandmother had this paisley dress that she wore (drove me nuts), it was loud(RED &GREEN) but these rooms are soft, chic! ^_^

girl meets glamour said...

I think my grandmother had that same dress Blushing Apples :) Glad you like this post, thanks for the comment!

~Kate

momma j lee ♥ said...

they're definitely back with a vengance! i agree with patricia, the large paislies is what gives it a new feel.

jenn~

Anonymous said...

I have always liked paisley! These larger patterns are great. Nice post Kate :)

Things That Inspire said...

I have always had a soft spot for paisley. My favorite pants in the late 80s were a hunter green and burgundy paisley from Pappagallo (I was, and still am, a preppy person). Great post!!!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks J Lee!! Glad you like this post :)

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for the comment Robyn!!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Wow...what a pair of pants Sarah! I think I've grown more preppy over the years. You weren't living in the 80's if you didn't know someone or you yourself had a paisly print outfit :) Thanks for the comment!

~Kate

Lindsey said...

I love the room designed by Stuart. Great post!

Unknown said...

I loved this post so much I had to graze it one more time!! I can't get paisley out of my mind.

girl meets glamour said...

I know Lindsey that Stuart design is fab isn't it, thanks for the comment!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Oh Patricia, I got you in a paisley kind of mood, huh? Glad you like this post, your comments made my day :)

~Kate

Bhavna Bhatnagar said...

I have always liked Paisleys - maybe because they are intrinsic to Indian design (eg. paisley is a must in traditional henna design).
Love this new look paisley too! Thanks for such a nice compilation Kate :)

Mélanie said...

I love all this kind of ethnic design . Paisley is one of my favorite because it is linked to our french provencal culture . But I also love Ikat , Suzani ...These paisley patterns look modern and fresh ...

Mrs. Blandings said...

have always, will always, love paisley. These are great.

Style Court said...

I'm a life-long paisley lover! Thanks for the headboard reminders here too :)

Unknown said...

Great post - I love paisley. I think the large size of the patterns as well as the simple color motifs make them fresh. Great headboards as well. I'll add them to my collection.
Jackie

cotedetexas said...

I think I love every picture! But the Spitmiller bedroom and the Branca room are my favs. I love this post!

WendyB said...

The paisley looks great!