Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My dreams run wild....


I'm not sure if it was because of the short vacation I was on or that it was just so nice to leave this construction zone of a home for a while...but, I had the most interesting dream two nights ago about Michael Smith. Very random, I know, and the fact that I actually remember the dream is amazing too...but I was in the SF Design Center wondering in a showroom and out of no where he appeared and said "hey you"...and I pointed to myself like in the movies, "me?!?!" Next thing I know, he's taking me around and showing me how to furnish and accessorize appropriately and offering me pointers on my projects! It was a short but sweet dream that I could only wish comes true someday. So as a tribute...here are some lessons from Michael Smith in tablescaping. Hope you enjoy!







I did have a chance to briefly meet Michael in SF and I must say that he is just so down to earth. Thank you Michael S. Smith, for your style always inspires me :)

(images via Michael S. Smith/Elements of Style, a must have for your collection!)

9 comments:

Style Court said...

Kate, I think he has a great sense of humor too :)

Love all your choices here.

girl meets glamour said...

Yes, I think you're right Courtney :) Glad you like these pics :)

~Kate

Anonymous said...

These are great table scapes, thanks Kate:)

Unknown said...

Well that is a dream of a true die hard designer. I never realized that Michael Smith was such a master of table scapes. But now that you group all these pictures I can see it. Great dream and great post. Happy dreaming!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks so much Robyn!!!


~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

I know Patricia...what a dream! He is the master of tablescapes :) Glad you enjoyed this post.

~Kate

katiedid said...

OK he has been one of my dreams for a long time too. Sort of like a recurrent thing. Love him!

girl meets glamour said...

I know, how could you not huh, Katie! Thanks for the comment!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

Great tablescape designs...great inspiration for my entry! Thanks for this post.

Your blog is one of my favorites-I visit daily!