Monday, June 23, 2008

A shade of green...

Why not green? I don't know...why not though! I think everyone has color's that they tend to use...for me it's whites, yellows, and blues. But, stepping out of my comfort zone today, I'm thinking green and how versatile it can be...vibrant, lots of colors pairing options than you'd think weren't possible too, so here's some inspiration for some fun shades of green...

(Domino)

My favorite pairing, green with orange...I just can't get enough of these two!!

(O at Home)

Green can be feminine and pretty, but in a way that is suitable for both sexes...

(Rooms to Inspire)

I love how this room pairs two similar shades of green to create a subtle contrast between the walls and trim...

(House Beautiful)

Blogger Brown Turtleneck Sweater was thinking of painting her office this green when she saw this feature in House Beautiful...

(House and Garden)

Green pairs great with other shades of greens, this simple rustic room is a perfect example...

(House and Garden)


(House Beautiful)

A great idea for a small space, create an impact with a pear green and white stripe like shown above...

(California Home and Design)

A shade of green with a tint of blue, combos great with reds as well...

(Domino)

Always a favorite is Nick Olsen's apartment, where he pairs it nicely with black and white accents...

(Domino)

Here again in a small space, Domino demonstrates how color can make a bold statement...and why not green!!

(Elle Decor)

Green, can be elegant too...this is a perfect example!!


**I just wanted to say Thanks to Terri over at the Washington Post for the mention this week!!**

---And check out This is Glamorous for a lovely Summer "Green" post---

29 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like that green bolster in the first image!

Karyn said...

I'm a green girl so I totally agree. I have a green dining room and another shade of green in my bedroom and I love them both.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I am planning on painting my tower office a nice fresh, green. Like being in a tree house!

TonicHome said...

Just had to stop and comment - huge green fan here! Really love your photos and they all have a slightly different shade and look. My all-time favorite is green with zebra. Whether it's a rug or pillows, the black and white design is a great complement to the classic color.

Suzy said...

Love it. Green and organge is one of my favorite combo's too. Thanks for the tag - I've finally posted my Q&A!

Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader but I love your blog! I also cannot get enough of green with orange and plan on using them together in my new living room!

/// said...

This IS a perfect example! :)

Stacy said...

I love green. It has a lively, fresh feeling. One wall in my apartment is green and it just brings a freshness to the room.

Mélanie said...

I was not a fan of green but I'm going to be ! I love green and purple ..

Anonymous said...

i never used green can be used in so many ways . got some ideas now for my next home renovation :)

girl meets glamour said...

Me too black alligator!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Wow, 2 green rooms, definitely a green girl, thanks for the comment Karyn!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Maryam, what a great color to pick...you mush show pictures!

~Kate

Mrs. Blandings said...

Kate - not much of a green girl myself, but when we bought our house the kitchen was the most amazing shade of apple green; I completely adore it. Kept it and used black and white from there. Crisp and clean. Lovely post.

Ann said...

I know quite a few friends who likes green in their surroundings. It is cool color to the eyes and some of them believe it is a color of prosperity. Nice images of green in action you have there.

girl meets glamour said...

I like green with zebra print as well Tonic Home!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for the comment Suzy, I'll have to go check out your answers to the Q & A!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

That will be a great color combo Pink Daisy! And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

~Kate

Stylkist Team said...

Green is amazingly versatile. Very well demonstrated :-)I love the first image. I so prefer the vibrant greens to the more sober ones. Nice blog!

AMM blog said...

That photo of the green kitchen (the one with coordinating roman shades) is one of my all time favorite kitchens!

Britt said...

Never did paint that office green. I went safe with brown and it is boring! I still think about that green office all the time! I feel a repaint coming on!

please sir said...

Great pairing - the green and orange - and good examples!

Brown Button Trading said...

beautiful collections of pics, thanks for sharing! I agree with black alligator - that bolster is brilliant! x

allaboutattitude said...

color goes so weel
it feels so warm and comfy

Jennifer said...

love green and orange, but I find it hard to execute. these are great inspiration!

Style Court said...

Kate -- I'm a fan of green with orange too. Great examples you pulled together.

SGM said...

The House Beautiful green--I wanted to use that too! It's a Pratt & Lambert color that I had to travel miles for, and then the guy who worked there said it was an old color and he had no clue how to mix it. Bummer. But green is one of my very favorite!
Beautiful examples.

Unknown said...

Love this post!

TIG said...

Lovely post, Kate -- you've chosen such beautiful rooms, especially the last one, with the mirrored dresser. Congratulations again on the Washington Post mention, and thanks for the link :)