Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Insta runner...

while going through my binder of "good ideas" to do with paint, I came across this lil piece from Domino (April '06)...


Paint just does wonders on everything, much like duck tape...the possibilities are endless. But this "insta" runner bit was one of my favorite...I love the small detail above with the small black border against the red!!

(via Homebug)

This is the perfect approach in an older home in my opinion...with the ratted ol' heater and the painted wide plank floors...


here's another example of taking taking those boring faded oak steps and turning them into an eye catcher, and to learn how easy it really is, Domino has a "how to" guide here...

8 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Of course my favorite would be the blue with the ratty heater. On the opposite side of the coin, my husband would love the red with black.
Thankfully we gave up two story homes.

Anonymous said...

There was a commercial on HGTV that gave a litte demo on painted runners. They used a turquoise colored paint -- my favorite! Love that red too.

The Peak of Chic said...

That's a great idea, and I especially like the red one with the black borders!

Anonymous said...

I'm tempted to do this because I'm not a fan of the runner I currently have but I'm worried about it being too slippery/falling - we're forever RUNNING up and down the stairs and I don't want us to break any bones...what do you think?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the blue and black runners. The graphic feel is great.

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for the comments everyone, I love this idea too!

Hi Bill, not really knowing what you're house is like, but if I were going to go with a carpet runner, I'd do something along the lines of a Stark (leopard print) or something fun, I think Miles Redd has a few examples of some runners...I do weigh keeping your body parts over aesthetics though!

ColonialEast said...

Hi there - First time I am here. Karyn from compulsively compiled asked me to take a look att this post as I had a similar post a couple of days ago http://colonialeast.blogspot.com/2008/06/mlad-trappa-painted-staircase.html. Love the pictures you are showing of the painted stairs! Take care!

dee said...

I remember that article and I loved it. Seemed like something even I could do without messing up too badly. It's saved in my things-I'll-do-when-I'm-not-living-in-a-tiny-NYC-apartment file.