Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crossing over...

from fashion design to home design, a perfect world of gray. "We wanted an escape from color when we come home from the office," says designer Monique Lhuillier of her Bel Air home...


From her Spring 2008 collection...to an 18 month home renovation...


I'm guessing well worth the wait, this reno appears almost flawless...


I love the pairing of this vintage Lucite console with the zebra print upholstered bench...


Can this be my tv room...love all the windows and don't even mind the tv above the fireplace here...


A nice lil private study, seems ideal for conducting business at home...


Another fun black and white powder room...I thought this might have been from KWID collection, but it turns out to be a Astek wallpaper...

*More images and information available at Elle Decor pointclickhome*

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Santa got me exactly what I wanted...a new powder bathroom, can't wait to show pictures :) I will be back and forth until after the New Year...hopefully I can get back into the routine of things...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...... firstly...I LOVE your blog - i was looking for ideas for our new home and spent ages pouring over your blogs - DIVINE!!! also.. although i have packing boxes at the foot of my bed at the moment [moving house is a disaster} ... in the new house, i am planning to have a 4-poster bed with a chaise longue at the foot. I am a bit of a Drama Queen. Also... i am wanting to decorate mt bathroom to look like a french brothel. Vanessa Carlton did it in her guest bathroom and i really liked the OTT look. Any ideas where i could get a wallpaper that i could use for that?
Hazel

Mrs. Blandings said...

Hooray for the new powder room -how fun! Great images - that zebra bench does make the lucite pop, I think.

girl meets glamour said...

Hi Hazel!! Thanks so much, that means alot. Sounds like you are having fun decorating your new home. Love your bathroom idea...here are some of my favorite wallcovering companies, below...let me know if this helps any :)

First is:
http://www.designyourwall.com/
(which was featured in Domino mag, moderately priced)

Then some of my favs are:

-Cole & Son
-Designer's Guild
-Nama Rococo
-Schumacher
-Gracie
-Fromental
-Timorous Beasties

Oh and I believe Brocade Home is selling their damask patterns in wallcovering now.

Let me know how it goes!!!

girl meets glamour said...

I know...I can't wait to had the finishing touches to the Powder Room...Thanks Mrs. Blandings! Hope you had a great holiday!!

~Kate

Anna Spiro said...

Oh wow - can't wait to see your powder room!! Happy New Year!!
XO
Anna