Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What a good idea...for your kitchen!

(Designed by Tom Bosworth, featured in Met Home, May/June '97)

If you're like me you imagine your dream kitchen being spacious and open...and a ton of natural light would be key to the design!!! I would rather cook with a nice view of the outdoors than that of Rachael Ray's show on the TV (sorry Rachael). But most people would consider the window space in a kitchen useless in terms of upper storage...but hold up, that doesn't have to be the case! Check out these examples below of where you get the best of both worlds...


(Designed by Temple St. Clair Carr, featured in Elle Decor, Sept. '06)


(Designed by Celia Tejada, featured in Elle Decor, Sept. '07)

So, good idea right?!?! Hope you think so.

9 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I've been thinking about doing this in front of my kitchen window for some time. I think this just settled it! Thanks!

Chic Mommy Suysel said...

i think that's a brilliant idea - great use of space! thanks for sharing. suysel

Style Court said...

Great observation Kate. Sometimes this is the perfect solution. I like your examples :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely looove this!! It could totally become my kitchen someday ;) Thank you for sharing, your blog makes me dream!

cassandra said...

love this idea - we're always so hesitant to cover windows... but in the kitchen, this makes sense!

katiedid said...

That top picture is one I had saved for my own kitchen remodel! Love this idea. :)

The Peak of Chic said...

I think these all look great. But, I must be uptight. Am I the only one who worries about dust?? (Probably so!)

Brilliant Asylum said...

Never would have thought of this. Nice idea.

Bhavna Bhatnagar said...

The first kitchen is so delicious! I can totally see myself sitting and having coffee in that kitchen [ahem..while some one else does the cooking ;)]