Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So Chic, indeed...

What better reason for two bloggers to get together, then being in the same room as Margaret Russell (Editor in Chief of Elle Decor magazine)...and so we did!!! We being, Katie and I, at the Ann Sacks showroom in SF.

(Below, that's me on the left, with my cheese eating grin, and blogger (Katie'did') next to me, looking no less than chic herself...)


With a crowded showroom, Katie and I chatted away, sipping wine and sitting on the edge of a showroom tub. Our conversation pretty much went: blogs, bloggers, Margaret, blogs, what's with that gold crushed velvet wardrobe malfunction over there, and how do we know when we spot possible other bloggers...


All with the So Chic book in hand, which consists of a great collection of Elle Decor's more recent fab interiors, you can find this book on Amazon here...but those aren't signed :)



Now on to Margaret, whom I almost accosted had my trunk not been filled with carpet books and swatches...a real doll in person and a delight to speak with; talking blogs and the importance of crediting the photographers (which I must admit I don't do enough of) she was so intrigued by what "we bloggers" do. Wait, shouldn't be the other way around, we're at your book signing I thought!! Needless to say, Margaret was so great to chat with and uber chic!! Overall, I'd say this was a successful blogger meet up...

And now I'm off to San Antonio, TX...wish I could meet up with blogger Joni in Houston, but that's not the case on this business packed trip! See you when I return!!!

32 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

All three of you are so cute together! Glad you had a nice time.

girl meets glamour said...

Awh that's sweet, if only this could happen more often!!

~Kate

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time. There is nothing better than a blogging get together. Wish I lived in your city!

Mrs. Blandings said...

No kidding, you are all adorable. It must have been a blast.

Turquoise Chic said...

Love that red coat!!! (J Crew right?)

Bhavna Bhatnagar said...

Two of my fav blogger together! :-)
...looks like you had a lot of fun!

girl meets glamour said...

I know Patricia, we def. did have a great time!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks Mrs. Blandings, it really was!!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Fav bloggers, thanks Bhavna :)

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Hey, good eye Turquoise Chic!!

~Kate

Suzy said...

The 3 of you look equally as chic as each other. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! You girls are beautiful... Margaret is as gorgeous as I suspected... what fun! Gorgeous tile, cocktails, a new design book, good blogging friends, design talk - what more could a girl want? Wish I had been there!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I'm fairly new to the blogging community but I've had so much fun so far getting to "know" people. I'll have to check out Katie's blog, too! And I've just added you to my blogroll :) Is Margaret Russell's book worth purchasing? Her comments were hilarious on Top Design. I wonder if Bravo will bring back the show.

Joanna Goddard said...

sounds fun! i passed her on the street once in new york but would never have been brave enough to say hi:)

London Calling said...

So chic! On my first visit to your blog you're heading to my town. Let me know if you need any restaurant picks. Take care.

cotedetexas said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Y'all are the two cutest girls ever!!!! Like I am so jealous sitting here alone. I WISH I was there! omg!

ok, now, this is getting serious. We all have to meet up! I mean it - seriously, someone organize it and set the date.

You two are so cute - I so wish I could have heard the conversation with M.

AW, I'm just beaming right now!!!

Joni

Pink Wallpaper said...

how exciting!! i am super jealous!y'all look so cute!

ALL THE BEST said...

How much fun! You all look great!!

Anonymous said...

So cute, sorry I missed it. Next time you are in the city, let me know ; )

Alkemie said...

*sigh* I was telling Katie how down I was about not having the chance to meet the both of you. At least I know what both of you look like! I was there and looking around but was to embarrassed to ask every other person in the room if they were you or Katie. Anyways the event was fantastic. I really like the photo of the 3 of you.

Jennifer Lee said...

oh how fun! Karen from blog Alkemie was there as well :)

SGM said...

How exciting! Glad to hear she was delightful in person.

- Susan - said...

Hey you two,
I imagine it is great fun meating a blogging friend in real life. How exciting - you look great - like both your blogs.
Greetings from Suzie (Palzzo Pizzo)

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! The three of you are so gorgeous and chic!

Vie Chaotique said...

You all look fabulous.

Stop by my blog - I am having a little giveaway.

girl meets glamour said...

Ya'll are so sweet..can't you tell I'm back from Texas! But, really these comments made coming home even better and I'm still beaming!!

~Kate

franki durbin said...

oh I love it! what a great fete for you two have attended! I love meeting other bloggers, even if it's just by phone. It certainly adds a level of depth and caring to the relationships we've built.

But let's get on the the fabulous Mrs. Russell. It seems she was even more chic in person, if possible! She looks adorable!

Vaquerodoctor said...

You look great sis. Mom told me you were in San Antonio.

Nick

Anna Spiro said...

So lovely to see photos of you both and what a great time it looks like you had!!
X
Anna

casapinka said...

You guys are adorable and what a fUN time that must have been.

Decorno said...

Ha! "What's with that gold crushed velvet wardrobe malfunction over there," made me laugh out loud here in the office.

Too funny.

Unknown said...

fun!