Monday, February 25, 2008

A must see...


Maybe you're already obsessed like me, but I can't wait to see this movie...it will be released in theaters on March 7 !!!. The film is actually based on a book by Winifred Watson, which was originally published in 1938, and I believe must have raised some eyebrows for that time...


Frumpy and forty, poor Miss Pettigrew ( Frances McDormand ) is barely getting by. She's on her last penny and the rent is coming due. Her last hope is to find work as a governess. When she's given the name and address of a Miss LaFosse, her world will change forever...


She expects to apply for a job looking after children, but Miss LaFosse (Amy Adams) is anything but matronly. She's greeted at the door by a beautiful young woman in a negligee who's in a bit of a tight spot. There's a young man in her bed, and she needs to get rid of him. It's all quite shocking for Miss Pettigrew, but she rises to the challenge...

Besides a delightful plot, the movie takes place amongst the glamorous apartment of Miss LaFosse, covered in lush textiles and unique furniture pieces (even saw some Chinoiserie wallcovering too!)...check the video clip above for a look into LaFosse's dressing room...

(Images via Rotten Tomatoes, Movie clip from Daily Motion, Text excerpt from A Work in Progress blog)

10 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

this looks really fun, i agree. i love both actresses.

cassandra said...

you and i are SO on the same page girl - that's hilarious that we both blogged about this on the same day! i can't wait to see it :)

~cassandra

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this movie and cannot wait to see Amy Adams. Thanks for the sneak peek!

Bayou Contessa said...

I'm counting the days till this comes out-it looks like great fun and I love Frances Mc Dormand.

diana murphy said...

Definitely. If only because it star Frances McDormand. I ADORE her. Fargo. Raising Arizona. It doesn't get better than that.

chelswat said...

I can't wait to see the movie either. And from your photos I think I'm going to love the set design!

LallaLydia said...

That looks like a fun film - I'm going to track it down now and watch it!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha....I was going to tell you that coco+kelley has a similar post, too. : )

Unknown said...

I just saw the preview for this movie. It looks like it will be a good watch!

Michelle said...

Oh how fun, I had never heard of it, now i can't wait to see it either.