Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pup in tow...

We had a brilliant idea the other day to plan a lil retreat, sort of a Valentine's Day thing but we'll probably book later to miss the crowds. In the heat of our discussion, it dawned on me and I shouted out "make sure we are going somewhere 'pet friendly' okay!"

(Dottie our pup)

And then I thought...oh no, I've turned into one of those people (whose friends nag them for calling their pets, their kids)...but I'm okay with that!!! I must not be the only one though because many facilities nowadays are catching on to this trend...and it's not just for lil dogs anymore either. Try this site petswelcome.com, it was great help to us and our search.


If you and your pup must travel in luxury try the Ritz, Viceroy, W Hotels to name a few...and for a great read on luxury hotels that cater to pets, try this piece here from the Dallas News...

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome to the pet club! I have been hesitant to be so persistent about pet friendliness but I love my puppy so much...I can't help myself, I am kind of mortified about it too.

Alya said...

"one of those people" hahaha..

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks Michelle, I was resistant at first too, but I'm the same way about our dog!

~Kate

Anonymous said...

We brought our Boston's to the SOHO Grand in NY last fall, it was great fun, love these pics.

mrsplainjane said...

We totally take our Grover everywhere. :) He's so spoiled, and it's hilarious to watch him at a hotel- it's like he goes into vacation mode- he knows how to relax. I love thing more than taking our puppy along!! We're definitely "those" people too. :)

The Peak of Chic said...

Dottie is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I think it's sweet. There is nothing more loyal than a doggie. : )

TIG said...

We travelled with our puppy for the first time recently, and it was such fun! I think it's fantastic that more and more hotels are becoming pet-friendly.

cotedetexas said...

our favorite hotel in the world (just because we don't get out of Texas much) is the Four Seasons in Austin. It's got this great view over Lake Austin where the largest bat community flies out from under the bridge every night at dusk. It's amazing to watch. the sky turns into black swirls filled with bats. Anyway, I digress, the hotel has a real Texas Hill Country flavor and it's always filled with great people and dogs!!! If you are ever in Austin, I recommend that hotel adn don't forget to take the dogs.

girl meets glamour said...

Wow, sounds like quite the trip Robyn!! Thanks stopping by :)

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Great to meet more of "those" people Mrsplainjane :)

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks Jennifer!!! She's our baby :)

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

I know, you're right Mara!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

That sounds like a fun trip TIG!

~Kate

girl meets glamour said...

Joni, you sold me on comin to Austin and staying there...maybe then hitting up another Texas town to see a fellow blogger :)

~Kate