Friday, February 8, 2008

The high life...


With our busy lives and no end in sight, I think we all deserve a sanctuary of sorts!! For me this is what I'd choose, a tree house. With some neostaglic childhood ties of course, it's the perfect balance of back to nature and hominess...

Courtesy of Collins Design, via Elle Decor

Let's dine atop the trees tonight, how's that sound?!? If this were my setup, I wouldn't miss a single opportunity to take advantage of the view...


If you're the Beckham's, buying this $50,000 treetent at Nieman Marcus for Christmas is no problem...it's equipped with hardwood floors and a round mattress, maybe it's the perfect Valentine's Day getaway for you!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! I have never seen anything like this. How pretty!

Joanna Goddard said...

AMAZING. can you imagine waking up in the trees?!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks Mara!!

girl meets glamour said...

I know, right! Thanks Jo!!

Suzy said...

Fantastic! I'd love one of those, I'm a treehouse girl from way back!

/// said...

Hardwood floors? How is that even possible???

Great find!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very nice tree house! Like it!

Goddess Findings said...

How lovely! The first tree house reminds me of that great movie - starring Demi Moore, Rosie O'Donnell and the blonde chic who's married to Antonio Banderas about 4 best friends saving up for the tree house when young and then coming back to it periodically over the years when they're all grown up and their memories and times together.
Janice

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this...

We Are Not Martha said...

Ohhh I would die for one of these right now! I'd move in...well, maybe not in this 0 degree weather. But come spring, def!

Brilliant Asylum said...

The staircase for the treehouse is genius. I would love to have one myself.